We, at Mission Generation, want you to know that you are making a difference in our world by partnering with us—thank you! Monday, November 13, 2017, is WORLD KINDNESS DAY, also known as Random Acts of Kindness Day. How about this challenge for you, individually, on that day: Unexpectedly and anonymously, bless someone in your path. Here are a few ideas:
- Bless someone with a meal—this could be homemade by you or as simple as paying for someone behind you in a drive-through.
- Write a thoughtful note in appreciation to someone who has made a difference in your life.
- Remember an elderly person in your life—visit them, send them a card, take them flowers, etc.
- Have your child create a special card or picture and send it to school with a candy bar for the teacher.
- Donate to your favorite charity.
- Volunteer your time to serve food at a shelter or deliver meals to shut-ins.
- Rake leaves for a neighbor or take a delicious dessert to a neighbor.
- Remember to prefer others—open a door, carry a large package.
- Text an encouraging word to 3 people in your contacts.
- Give a monetary gift to a stranger.
Maybe your act of kindness would be forgiving someone. Be creative and think of what you can do. Let’s follow Jesus’ example, and make this world a place in which we all want to live!
Please share your stories as giver or receiver of kindness acts on that day with us by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will choose the top 3 stories to share on our Facebook page, and the winners will also receive a Mission Generation t-shirt! Winners will be announced Wednesday morning.